e enjte, 22 nëntor 2007

Criminals in Poverty? or Criminialization of Poverty

San Francisco is known for its cable cars and its sourdough bread.

And for its community of homeless people.

I remember walking around the city my first week in my new apartment, and feeling that I would need to adopt a stance, a conscious attitude about the poverty so present in the city in order to emotionally survive the millions of encounters with homelessness each day.

I discuss homelessness with friends, I work with people who are homeless, and still I'm confused, still, 2 years later when asked questions like, why does San Francisco have so many homeless persons?

I recently found a 5 part article that gave me a lot of insight. I hope it can do the same for you. Feel free to critique, question, take in and absorb it!

Just click on the title of this post.

Nuk ka komente: